The City Market is a mega-project that will extend from Ninth Street to Twelfth Street and between San Pedro Street and San Julian Streets in the City of Los Angeles.
- An urban campus for one or more creative arts colleges to energize and bring opportunity and jobs to the community
- 945 units of new housing and live/work space including student housing
- 210 room business class hotel
- 225,000 square feet of retail, assembly, entertainment and restaurant spaces that will invigorate the area after dark
- 295,000 square feet of creative and professional offices, to bring high-paying creative jobs to the Fashion District
- Adaptive reuse of existing buildings to create a new center for offices and restaurants
- Greenways and tree-lined paseos for an enhanced pedestrian experience through the Fashion District
Although it could take up to 20 years to complete, is truly going to shake up the Fashion District when it finally arrives. Work could begin soon on an adaptive reuse portion of the project.