Dubai has unveiled plans to build the world’s largest mall. Occupying a total area of 48 million square feet, the project will house the world’s largest selection of retail outlets, hotels and theme parks, all under a temperature controlled environment. Once completed, the City is projected to become a year-round destination to an estimated 180 million visitors annually.
Proposed features include:
- 100 Hotels
- 8 Million Square Feet of Retail Outlets
- Replicas of the world-famous shopping districts like La Rambla Street in Barcelona and Oxford Street in London.
- The world’s largest theme park.
- A theater district for cultural events drawing inspiration from New York’s Broadway.
- A wellness area that provides holistic treatments, including surgical options and cosmetic procedures.